Piperazine citrate according to B.P or u.s.p. or Eu.p.
*Piperazine is an effective anthelmintic given by mouth as a drench or in food.
*Piperazine is used for treatment of:
- As caridia in digs
- As caridia & calpillaria in poultry
- Ascaridia and oxyuris in sheep, cattle & horses
Dosage & Administrations:
- The after mentioned doses must be repeated after 2-3 weeks to kill the larval stages.
Poultry: 100gm /100 lit. drinking water or to be mixed with 50-100kg feed.
* This dose is sufficient to treat:
- 1000 chickens below 6 weeks of age (0.1gm / bird)
- or 500 chickens over6 weeks age (0.2gm / bird)
- or 500 turkeys below 12 weeks of age (0.2gm / bird)
- or 250 turkeys below 12-18 weeks of age (0.8gm / bird)
Large animals: 40 gm /100 kg body weight either dissolved in water or mixed with feed.
Withdrawal time: 24 hours.
Packing: 500 gm.
store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.